Monday 20 April 2009

Flying High in Practice Aerobatic Routine

On Saturday 18th April Ian Harvey-George (Goodwood Flying School Instructor) took me for a 16 min practice routine to help me acclimatise to the g-forces that will be sustanined on my body over the challenge weekend. Flying in G-IZZZ a Super Decathlon we practiced at between 2000 and 4000ft and pulled a maximun of 4.5g. We performed a Loop, Barrell Roll, 4 point Roll, 4 leaf Clover, Outside turn, Vertical Roll into a Stall Turn, 1/2 Cuban and a Reverse 1/2 Cuban.

Thankfully the experience was an enjoyable one and helped me to get the correct mind set for the 13 flights that will take place this weekend. I would like to make a personal thank you to all the team at Goodwood Aeroclub, Steve, Dieter, Ian, Simon, Tim, Jeanne and Margaret who always give me a warm welcome and its always a pleasure to go along to the Club whatever the weather.

To find out more about Goodwood AeroClub click here.

No comments: